- Our Providers
- Clinic Services
- Patient Information
- Philosophy of Care
- Financial Matters
- What Sets Us Apart
- Patient Education
- Our Laboratory
How to pay for infertility care
We accept most insurance plans!
We work with most major insurance companies to accept coverage for those patients who have it. If you have insurance coverage it’s important to research your infertility benefits prior to getting services and treatment. Check to see if your coverage is for both medical services and fertility medications. Some insurance plans cover the diagnostic testing for infertility and some may cover infertility treatments. Some insurance plans have lifetime maximums for infertility treatments. Many health insurers have an online process that allows for verification of services or you can contact your insurer's customer service department to speak to someone in person.
Predetermination of Benefits
We've included a sample letter that you can fill out and forward to your insurance company to determine if you have benefits that cover IVF treatment. To request predetermination of IVF Benefits, complete the letter below and attach the "In Vitro Fertilization Fees" form to the letter.
- Fax or e-mail both forms to the number listed on your insurance plan member services card.
- Submit the reply from the insurance company to Reproductive Medicine Center (scan/e-mail, fax, or bring in person)
Pre-authorization for Services
Some insurance plans will require prior authorization/pre-certification once your physician determines that treatment is appropriate. Benefits and payment for services may be withheld if you do not get this pre-authorization in advance. Let us know if pre-authorization is required and we can start processing the necessary paperwork.
IVF - Regular Fee-for-Service Fees
- If you are paying out-of-pocket for all services
- If you are using infertility insurance benefits for diagnostic testing and/or IVF
- If you are using a combination of insurance benefits and paying out-of-pocket
IVF Cycle Fees (example based on a Female, < 45 years old, using her own eggs)
- Prescreening evaluation: $3,300- 4,000
- IVF Cycle Services: $10,600 - 14, 500
- Medications per cycle: $2,500 - 3,500
Call us for a detailed pricing sheet!
If you do not have insurance benefits
Here are a few ways to help defer some of the costs not covered by insurance.
- Flex spending accounts: many companies have a Flex plan that allows employees to set aside pre-tax dollars for health care expenses that are not covered by insurance. Check with your employer’s benefits representative to determine the specifics of the utilizing the account.
- Health Savings Accounts: this is a medical savings account available to those enrolled in high deductible health plans. Funds you withdraw from your HSA are tax-free when used to pay for fertility treatment expenses.
- Medical expenses may be deductible if they exceed 7.5% of a couple’s adjusted gross income and if it is itemized on their income taxes. An accountant or tax specialist can help determine whether this option is available.
We offer free financial consultations to all of our patients at the time of their initial consultation. Insurance coverage must be confirmed and payment for all non-covered procedures must be received at the time of service. Payment for IVF treatment will be required at the start of the medication for the IVF cycle. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX, cash, personal checks and money orders. We do not offer any type of payment plans.
Call our Financial Counselor at 612-372-7020 for more information regarding pricing and insurance.