- Our Providers
- Clinic Services
- Patient Information
- Philosophy of Care
- Financial Matters
- What Sets Us Apart
- Patient Education
- Our Laboratory
What Sets Us Apart
Infertility specialists at University of Minnesota Physicians are physicians who are experts in the latest assisted reproductive technologies tailored to each patient’s unique fertility condition. As pioneers in infertility and leaders in promoting single-embryo transfers that improve the overall health of women and infants, UMPhysicians is nationally recognized for its low rate of high-order multiple pregnancies. Our comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach addresses both the physical and emotional needs of our patients, allowing them to fulfill their lifelong dream of creating a family.
- First program to offer in vitro fertilization in Minnesota
- Nationally recognized by the Society of Assisted Reproductive Technologies for our high pregnancy rates and concurrent low rates of high-order multiple pregnancies
- Physicians board-certified in the subspecialty of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Providers have additional fellowship training in reproductive surgery and medical endocrinology
- All aspects of assisted reproductive technologies offered, including in vitro fertilization, intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), gamete and embryo cryopreservation, donor oocyte and gestational carrier therapy
- The Reproductive Medicine Center has been designated an Aetna Institute of Excellence Infertility Clinic for Assisted Reproductive Technology services. Aetna makes information about the quality and cost of health care services available to its members to help them make informed decisions about their health care needs.
- RMC continues to meet the clinical qualification for participation in the OPTUM - Infertility Centers of Excellence network. Clinics are selected based in part on: proven track record of successful outcomes; comprehensive reproductive services; physician credentials and experience; exceptional facility operations and staffing; industry accreditation; continuous quality assurance oversight through analysis of defined and verifiable metrics.
- Board-certified, high-complexity embryologist on staff who has served on national and international bodies responsible for establishing laboratory standards, including the World Health Organization
- Providers have served as national committee chairs that have established practice guidelines in the field of reproductive medicine
- “Infertility Counseling: A Comprehensive Handbook for Clinicians” co-edited by faculty member is considered the most thorough and extensive book for clinicians in the field of infertility counseling
- "Thank you to the entire team for your services. Words cannot express our gratitude for the dedication and care you provided in getting us to where we are today. 10 weeks along! Our journey to parenthood is not quite finished, but we are immensely grateful!"
- "Ladies at the front desk: thank you for always trying to get me in and out quickly. Thanks you for not getting annoyed with my many phone calls. Nurses: thank you for always answering my questions. Thank you for not giving up on playing phone tag. Lab people: thank you for dealing with my awesome (deep and rolling) veins. Dr. Phipps: thank you for having a plan that worked! Thanks again for everything!"
- "To all the staff at RMC, we cannot thank you enough for all of your kind smiles and kind words throughout this journey! Over the last 5 months, you have all become family to us! You have all supported us in ways that nobody else can even understand and we are forever grateful for each and everyone of you! We will continue to keep you updated as we continue this journey that you have made possible for us! You are all truly an amazing group of people and we will never forget what you all have done for us! Thank you so much for everything!"