This information is specific to the MINCEP - St. Louis Park location.
Telephone visits are a service we provide as a convenience to our patients. We charge for phone visits with a few exceptions noted below. If your MINCEP doctor approves substituting a phone visit between office visits, you will be charged accordingly. Any charges not covered by insurance are your responsibility. For consistent and comprehensive care, we encourage all of our patients to schedule office visits.
Telephone visits, like office visits, are billed based on the level of complexity of the issues discussed.
We charge for:
- Discussion of test and/or laboratory test results including medication adjustments (without an office visit)
- Initiation of new therapy, a new plan of care or a new medicine (without an office visit)
- Detailed discussion with a patient's family member (without an office visit)
We do not bill for a telephone visit in the following instances:
- Follow-up discussion of medication adjustments based on laboratory tests performed during a recent (within seven days) MINCEP office visit
- Request for medication refills by a pharmacy or patient
- Clarification of instructions given from the hospital or office visit (within 5-days of discharge or 3-days of the follow-up office visit)
- Phone call referral to an outside health care provider such as a psychiatrist or cardiologist