Heart Programs - University of Minnesota Physicians Heart at Fairview
Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging
Advanced cardiovascular imaging services are the backbone of cardiology. University of Minnesota Physicians Heart offers a complete range of state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging services at three easy-to-reach Twin Cities locations: Fairview Southdale Hospital, University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview and Fairview Ridges Hospital.
Advanced cardiovascular imaging services provide a detailed view of your heart that allows our experts to provide accurate diagnoses of heart-related conditions.
In addition to a wide array of imaging services, the Fairview Southdale location has recently installed the latest in CT and MRI technology to enhance our patient’s care.
- “Flash” CT offers low radiation exposure, faster testing and more precise images
- “Wide-bore” cardiovascular MRI is one of the first in the nation and offers new comfort for claustrophobic and larger patients, and vivid images of the heart.
Other imaging services offered at our centers include:
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- o Cardiac and blood vessel anatomy
- o Heart function testing
- o Heart blood flow imaging
- o Heart viability and scar imaging
- Cardiac and vascular computerized tomography (CT)
- Non-invasive coronary angiography
- Heart structure and function
- Coronary calcium assessment
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Nuclear stress testing and perfusion imaging
- Heart viability testing
- Heart function testing
- Echocardiography (ECHO)
- Heart anatomy and function
- Heart valve assessment
- Specialized heart muscle function assessment
- Stress echocardiography
- 3-D trans-esophageal echocardiogram (TEE)
- Heart stress testing
- Echocardiogram stress
- MRI stress
- Nuclear stress
Interpretation by experts
Today’s imaging technology offer stunning visual details, including virtual 3-D, helping trained experts detect the most subtle abnormalities that may have gone undetected only years before. The University of Minnesota Physicians Heart experts who read and interpret these detailed images are some of the most highly skilled in Minnesota.
Our cardiologists are committed to providing fast turnaround times to referring physicians, in most cases 24-hours.
Nationally accredited imaging centers – University of Minnesota Physicians Heart Imaging Centers at Fairview Southdale Hospital and University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, have been nationally accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories; and the Fairview Southdale imaging center also has been accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Nuclear Laboratories. The centers earned these honors after passing rigorous national standards for quality, trained staff and measured outcomes.
- Patients – Schedule appointments at any of our imaging centers by calling: 612-365-5000.
- Physicians – Call our physician line for consultations or referrals: 612-365-6000.
State-of-the-art imaging centers are located at:
- Fairview Southdale Hospital
6405 France Ave. S., Edina, MN 55435. W300
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
516 Delaware St. S.E., Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Fairview Ridges Hospital
201 E. Nicollet Blvd., Burnsville, MN 55435