- Board of Directors
- Academic Medicine
- Quality and Innovations
- Honors and Recognition
- Community Citizenship
- Honoring Choices
- Media Room
Honors and Recognition
Consistently recognized as the brightest minds in medicine
From the best hospital in the Twin Cities to the Best Doctors® in America, our physicians and hospitals have received top honors both nationally and locally. Some of our recent honors include:
- 151 of our physicians were named 2013 Top Doctors in the Twin Cities by Mpls.St. Paul Magazine—making up 25% of the overall list.
- The University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital ranked nationally in four specialities in 2013
- 42 of our doctors were named Best Doctors for Women in the state by Minnesota Monthly
- 181 of our physicians have been named the Best Doctors® in America in 2013
In addition, our physicians are continually being honored individually for their research and exceptional care. Recent recognition includes:
- Dr. Gabriel Loor, Assistant Professor in the Cardiothoracic Surgery Division received a $500,000 grant from the University of Texas Biotech for the study of ex-vivo lung perfusion using the organ care system device “breathing lung.”
- Bruce Blazar, M.D., received the Children’s Cancer Research Fund Land-Grant Chair in Pediatric Oncology
- S. Charles Schulz, M.D., head of the Department of Psychiatry, will receive the esteemed Stanley Dean Award for Research in Schizophrenia in 2014
- Daniel Duprez, M.D., was recently elected to the National Lipid Association Board of Directors and the American Society Hypertension Publications Committee.
- Keri Bergeson, M.D., is the recipient of of the American Academy of Family Physicians/Bristol-Myers Squibb Award for Excellence in Graduate Medical Education.
- Stephen Haines, M.D., was appointed chairman of the William P. Van Wagenen Fellowship Committee of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons. He also assumed the presidency of the Neurosurgical Society of America.