When sending a patient to gynecologic oncology please obtain and send the following information:
Past Medical, Surgical, and Family history:
- Pertinent co morbidities that may influence preoperative clearance such as obesity, hypercholesterolemia, hypertension, diabetes, COPD and/or prior CAD. Refer patients with multiple cardiac risk factors to cardiology before or simultaneously to gynecologic oncology referral
- Recent pap history, and pathology reports from any biopsies that have been done.
- Previous operative reports, pathology records and/or pertinent treatment records from prior treatment on anal/genital dysplasia.
- Vulvar examination with attention to the size and number of lesions seen and biopsy sites/locations.
- Please document your assessment of the lymph nodes in the groin region and document any findings suspicious for metastatic disease.
- When there is a cancer diagnosis please schedule a PET/CT (full body protocol). Recognizing that this may not be feasible at many sites or that there may be difficulty with prior authorization, do not delay the referral, we can schedule this to occur if necessary.