When sending a patient to gynecologic oncology please obtain and send the following information:
Past Medical, Surgical and Family history:
- Pertinent co morbidities that may influence preoperative clearance such as obesity, hypercholesterolemia, hypertension, diabetes, COPD and/or prior CAD. Refer patients with multiple cardiac risk factors to cardiology before or simultaneously to gynecologic oncology referral.
- Any information that you have regarding family history of breast, ovarian, uterine, urothelial or GI (pancreatic, stomach, colon) cancers.
- Pelvic/abdominal examination, as well as recto-vaginal examination.
- Please include any findings suspicious for metastatic disease.
- If a CA125, OVA1 or other tumor markers have been done as part of the patient's evaluation, please include the results of these tests.
- If the patient has a family history significant for GI cancers, and is not up to date with their colon cancer screening and/or has significant gastrointestinal symptoms a CEA tumor marker may be done prior to referral. Contact our office to discuss need for colonoscopy.
- Please have the patient hand carry an electronic copy of all imaging studies that have been done, along with the typed reports, to their visit.
- If a pelvic ultrasound was done and is highly suspicious for malignancy or if the patient's symptoms are suggestive of possible metastatic disease please obtain a chest, abdomen and pelvic CT with oral and IV contrast.