Contact & Location Info
Appointments & Clinic Number: 612-625-6401
- Monday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – noon
The Urology Clinic and Center for Prostate Cancer have combined to form the Institute for Prostate and Urologic Cancers. At the Institute, located at at University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, a team of specialists in urologic surgery, medical oncology, and radiation therapy work together to bring the best possible resources and care to men with prostate cancer.
A unique experience
The physicians at the Institute see hundreds of prostate cancer patients each year. This experience enables our physicians to guide patients through the complex array of prostate treatment options. Our physicians are also faculty members at the University of Minnesota Medical School. Many conduct extensive research on prostate cancer and are nationally and internationally recognized in their fight against prostate cancer.
The Institute for Prostate and Urologic Cancers encompasses a full range of innovative medical services, treatments and support services - all in one location. Some of our prostate cancer services include:
- Screening and diagnosis
- Surgery (including minimally invasive and robotic surgery)
- Radiation therapy (External beam radiation, Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), TomoTherapy and Brachytherapy)
- Hormone therapy
- Watchful waiting/Active surveillance
- Bone health management
- Nutrition counseling
- Focal therapy
- Clinical trials
- Symptom management/Palliative care
A partnership of Fairview and University of Minnesota Physicians
Notice to patients
Summer construction notice to patients - Construction may increase dust and soil amounts in the air. This can raise the risk of immunocompromised patients developing Aspergillus infection or other problems.
What can you do?
1. Wear a high-efficiency filtration mask (N95) to protect yourself from excessive dust exposure when near a construction area. (Masks can be purchased at Home Depot or Walgreen’s, or you may obtain one at your clinic.)
2. If you’re coming to the U of M East Bank, use the tunnel from the patient parking lot on Harvard and Delaware St.
Questions? Please call your clinic or ask your care team at your visit.
Research & education
We take great pride in our tradition of excellence and are strongly committed to strive to greater heights in patient care, education and research. Our department has trained numerous residents and fellows over the years, several of whom have gone on to become world leaders in Urology today.
For more information on Research & Education, please visit the University of Minnesota Medical School Urology Department website.
Clinical trials are essential in developing new treatments, care, and prevention for people with cancer. As part of the University of Minnesota, we are constantly working towards discovering and improving treatments related to prostate cancer.
View our current prostate cancer clinical trials.