University of Minnesota Heart Care is a team of doctors, nurses and health care professionals committed to providing life-saving care to people with heart disease. Our heart specialists and their teams have been pioneering heart care research and innovative techniques used to treat heart disease for more than 60 years.
We’ve transformed lives with major “firsts” in heart care, including:
- The world’s first successful open heart surgeries
- The first heart transplant in Minnesota
- The state’s first heart/lung transplant
- The first clinical studies in heart failure
- The implantation of the first partial artificial heart
- Some of the first highly intricate, close-up images of the heart
For people just like you throughout the region, we offer the most expert, comprehensive heart care services. We can serve you at 12 Twin Cities and greater Minnesota locations. Our 57 cardiovascular physicians provide a full continuum of care, ranging from prevention and treatment to transplants and the latest medical research.