University of Minnesota Physicians Heart at Fairview has been focused on curing heart rhythm disorders for patients – from the first cardiac pacemaker in the 1950s to some of the first bi-ventricular pacemakers and defibrillators in the 1990s to many of today’s state-of-the-art catheters.
The result is patients who no longer have to worry about their heart problems for the rest of their lives.
From expert diagnosis to tested treatment
When you see the electrophysiologists from University of Minnesota Physicians Heart at Fairview, you are in the hands of experienced cardiologists. Our physicians have cared for thousands of patients with heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmia).
- Are renowned for innovative and effective approaches to the evaluation and treatment of heart rhythm disturbances and fainting spells (syncope)
- Have engaged in research that promises a 50 percent improvement in cardiac arrest resuscitation rates
- Pioneered cardiac resynchronization therapy, a technique especially beneficial for patients with refractory heart failure
We use a wide array of technologies and techniques to diagnose the most complex cases and determine the best treatment, which may include medication, implanted devices, surgery or ablation.
- Patients – Schedule appointments by calling: 612-365-5000.
- Physicians – Call our physician line for consultations or referrals: 612-365-6000.
Heart rhythm disorder services are available at:
- Fairview Southdale Hospital
6405 France Ave. S., W300, Edina, MN 55435
- Fairview Ridges Hospital
201 E. Nicollet Blvd., Burnsville, MN 55435
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
516 Delaware St. S.E., Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Fairview Lakes Medical Center
5200 Fairview Blvd., Level 2, Wyoming, MN 55092
- Fairview Maple Grove Medical Center
14500 99th Ave. N., Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Fairview Northland Medical Center
919 Northland Dr., Princeton, MN 55371