Support Group for Women with Heart Disease
As a woman, adjusting to life with a heart condition can be a daunting task, filled with fear, doubt and isolation. The medical treatment by health care providers is not the only part of the healing process. Social support through family and friends is vital to recovery and living with heart disease. That is why the University of Minnesota Physicians Heart has joined efforts with WomenHeart to provide a support group for women living with a heart condition.
The support group is led by trained patient volunteers who are like you, and have suffered both the emotional and physical aspects of heart disease. In the support group you will find understanding and discussion about fears, coping skills and other topics such as stress management, exercise, nutrition, family and work concerns and more.
Please join us at Fairview Southdale for an opportunity to learn more about heart disease, and meet our WomenHeart Champions.
For more information, contact Cynthia Sappa at 612-626-1331.
- April 10, 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Au Fait Room
- May 8, 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Shalom Room
- June 12, 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Au Fait Room
- July 10, 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Shalom Room
- August 14, 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Au Fait Room
- September 11, 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Au Fait Room
- October 9, 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Au Fait Room
- November 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Au Fait Room
- December 1, 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Au Fait Room
* Conference rooms are located in the lower level of the hospital by Café Amore.
Fairview Southdale Hospital
6401 France Ave. S., Edina
*Parking is available in the parking on France Ave. S. Take the skyway across to the hospital. Take the stairs or elevator down to the lower level. Parking vouchers will be provided.