- Brain Cancer
Dr. Abosch directs the Department of Neurosurgery programs in stereotactic and functional neurosurgery focusing on deep brain stimulation for movement disorders such as Parkinson's Disease in addition to the surgical treatment of epilepsy. She also is experienced in peripheral nerve surgery.
In the News
- Minnesota Monthly, August 2012, pages 54-57, "Breakthrough Medicine"
- Minnesota Messenger, Spring 2012, Newsletter of the American Parkinson Disease Association, "Ask the Expert"
- Minnesota Public Radio, November 4, 2011, "Brain scientists dream up international research partnership"
- Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery News, American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Fall 2011, Feature Profile
- Minnesota Daily, April 14, 2011, "Patients feel the results of brain stimulation"
Dr. Abosch's clinical and research interests include neuroanatomical pathways in depression and movement disorders; functional imaging and diffusion tensor MRI correlates of epilepsy, depression, movement disorders, and responses to deep brain stimulation; and novel applications of deep brain stimulation.
- NSF – IGERT – “Interacting with the Brain: Mechanisms, Optimization, and Innovation,” – Co-I (PI, Bin He), 9/1/2011-8/31/2016, total cost $3 million.
- NSF – CBET-1067488 – “Neuro-Marker Discovery for Accurate Localization of the Sub-Thalamic Nucleus for Deep Brain Stimulation,” Co-PI (Co-PI, Nuri F. Ince) – 7/15/11-6/30/14, total
- St. Jude Medical – “Long-term Follow-up Study for the Evaluation of Patients who have a DBS System for the Adjunctive Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (Protocol C-07-05),” PI, 5/2011-12/2016, $100,000, 1% effort.cost $331,222 – 3% effort.
- Medtronic – “Combined High-field Imaging, Electrophysiology/Signal Processing, and Modeling for Optimized Programming,” Co-PI – 3/1/2012-2/28/2014, total cost $370,000 – 12% effort.
- NIH –1 U01 NS058634-01A2 –“Radiosurgery vs. Lobectomy for Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (ROSE Trial): Phase III Clinical Trial” – (PI, Nicholas Barbaro, UCSF) University of Minnesota Site PI, total cost $188,819 – 9/2009 – 5/2014 – 10% effort.
- UCSF (National Institute of Health Prime), Radiosurgery vs. Lobectomy for Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (ROSE Trial): Phase III Clinical Trial (PI: Nicholas Barbaro), University of Minnesota Site PI, 9/2009 – 5/2014, $188,819.
- Best Doctors In America® Database 2011-2012
- Best Doctors In America® Database 2009-2010
- NIH Challenge Grant Reviewer – Phase I (online reviews); June 2009
- Physicians’ Services Incorporated (P.S.I.) Foundation, Toronto, Ontario – Grant reviewer; August 2009
- Emerging Physicians Leadership Program 2008 – 2010
- NIH Loan Repayment Program, 2008 – 2010
- Dean’s Award for Outstanding Work, University of Minnesota Medical School, 2006
- Minnesota Governor’s Reception for Women Leaders, 2006
- Year Book of Endocrinology citation for publication, 1999
- Young Investigator Award from the American Epilepsy Society, 1998
- Emerling Foundation Grant for Research in Neuropsychobiology of Mental Disorder, 1990-1991
- National Institute of Mental Health Predoctoral Training Grant Recipient, 1988-1990
- Grass Fellowship for study at Cold Spring Harbor, 1988
- Alumni Research Scholarship from University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 1987
- Lin H-Y(David), Watanabe Y, Cho CL, Yuan J, Hunt MA, Sperduto PW, Abosch A, Watts CR and Lee CK. Gamma Knife Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Renal Cell Carcinoma and Melanoma Brain Metastases – Comparison of Dose Response. Journal of Radiosurgery and SBRT. Accepted March 12, 2013.
- Abosch A, Timmermann L, Bartley S, Rietkerk HG, Connolly PJ, Hariz MI. An International Survey of Deep Brain Stimulation Procedural Steps. Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery 2013, 91:1-11. PMID: 23154755.
- Shrivastava D, Abosch A, Hughes J, Goerke U, DelaBarre L, Visaria R, Harel N, and Vaughan JT. Heating Induced Near Deep Brain Stimulation Lead Electrodes During Magnetic Resonance Imaging with a 3T Transcieve Volume Head Coil. Physics in Medicine and Biology, Sept 7, 2012, 57(17):5651-5665. PMID: 22892760.
- Abosch A, Lanctin D, Onaran I, Eberly L, Spaniol M, Ince NF. Long-term Recordings of Local Field Potentials from Implanted Deep Brain Stimulation Electrodes. Neurosurgery, October 2012, 71(4): 804-814. PMID: 22791039.
- Keane M, Deyo S, Abosch A, Bajwa JA, Johnson MD. Improved spatial targeting with directionally segmented deep brain stimulation leads for treating essential tremor. Journal of Neural Engineering, August 9 (2012). PMID: 22732947.
- Duchin Y, Abosch A, Yacoub E, Sapiro G, Harel H. Feasibility of using ultra-high field (7T) MRI for clinical surgical targeting. PLoS ONE, May 2012, 7(5): e-37328. PMID: 22615980.
- Lenglet C*, Abosch A*, Yacoub E, Sapiro G and Harel N. Comprehensive in vivo mapping of the human basal ganglia and thalamic connectome in individuals using 7T MRI. *Denotes equal contribution by these two authors. PLoS One, January 2012, 7(1): 1-14. e29153. Doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0029153. PMID: 22235267.
- Wang H, Black AJ, Zhu J, Stigen TW, Al-Qaisi MK, Netoff TI, Abosch A, Akkin T. Reconstructing micrometer-scale fiber pathways in the brain: multi-contrast optical coherence tomography based tractography. NeuroImage, 15 October 2011, 58(4): 984-992. PMID: 21771662.
- Onaran I, Ince F, Cetin AE, Abosch A. A Hybrid SVM/HMM Based System for the State Detection of Individual Finger Movements from Multichannel ECoG Signals. Proceedings of the 5th International IEEE EMBS Conference on Neuroal Engineering, April 27-May 1, 2011, pages 457-460. Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/NER.2011.5910585.
- Gupte AA, Shrivastava D, Spaniol MA, Abosch A. MRI-related heating near deep brain stimulation electrodes: More data are needed. Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, 2011, 89:131-140. This was chosen by the Editor in Chief of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery to be the free access article (Editor’s Choice) of Vol. 89, No. 3, 2011. PMID: 21494064
- Divani AA, Majidi S, Luo X, Zhang J, Souslian FG, Abosch A, Tummala R. The ABCs of Accurate Volumetric Measurement of Cerebral Hematoma. Stroke, 2011 June, 42(6): 1569-74. Epub 2011 May 12. This article was featured on www.MDLinx.com. PMID: 21566231
- Abosch A, Yacoub E, Ugurbil K, Harel N. An assessment of current brain targets for deep brain stimulation surgery using susceptibility-weighted imaging at 7T. Neurosurgery, 2010 Dec; 67(6):1745-1756. PMID: 21107206.
- Ince NF, Gupte A, Wichmann T, Ashe J, Henry T, Bebler M, Eberly L, Abosch A. Selection of optimal programming contacts based on local field potential recordings from subthalamic nucleus in patients with Parkinson's disease. Neurosurgery, 2010 Aug; 67(2):390-397. PMID: 20644424.
- Shrivastava D*, Abosch A*, Hanson T, Tian J, Gupte A, Iaizzo PA, Vaughan JT. Effect of the extracranial deep brain stimulation lead on radiofrequency heating at 9.4 Tesla (400.2 MHz). *Denotes equal contribution by these two authors. JMRI, 2010 Sep; 32(3):600-607. PMID: 20815057.
- Abosch A, Gupte A, Eberly LE, Tuite PJ, Nance M, Grant JE. Impulsive behavior and associated clinical variables in Parkinson’s Disease. Psychosomatics, Jan-Feb 2011, 52(1):41-47. PMID: 21300194.
- Janson C, Maxwell R, Gupte AA, Abosch A. Bowstringing as a complication of deep brain stimulation: case report. Neurosurgery, 2010 Jun; 66(6):E1205; discussion E1205. PMID: 20495391.
- Chhabra V, Sung E, Holder C, Mewes K, Bakay RAE, Abosch A, Gross RE. Safety of magnetic resonance imaging of deep brain stimulator systems: a serial imaging and clinical retrospective study. J Neurosurgery, 2009 Mar; 112(3):497-502. PMID: 19681685.
- Benzil DL, Abosch A, Germano I, Gilmer H, Maraire JN, Muraszko K, Pannullo S, Rosseau G, Schwartz L, Todor R, Ullman J, Zusman E. WINS White Paper Committee: The future of neurosurgery: a white paper on the recruitment and retention of women in neurosurgery. J Neurosurgery, 2008 Sep; 109(3):378-86. PMID: 18759565.
- Roark C, Whicher S, Abosch A. Reversible neurological symptoms caused by diathermy in a patient with deep brain stimulators: case report. Neurosurgery, 2008 Jan; 62(1): E256. Discussion. PMID: 18300881.
- Lozano AM, Abosch, A. Pallidal stimulation for dystonia. Adv Neurol. 2004; 94:301-8. PMID: 14509687.
- Papavassiliou E, Rau G, Heath S, Abosch A, Barbaro NM, Larson PS, Lamborn K, Starr PA. Thalamic deep brain stimulation for essential tremor: relation of lead location to outcome. Neurosurgery. 2004 May; 54(5):1120-29; discussion 1129-30. PMID: 15113466. Re-issued Neurosurgery, 2008 Feb; 62 Suppl 2:884-94. PMID: 18596419
- Abosch A, Gross RE. Surgical treatment of Parkinson’s disease: deep brain stimulation versus radiofrequency ablation. Clin Neurosurg 2004; 51:296-303. PMID: 15571158.
- Abosch A, Lozano A. Stereotactic neurosurgery for movement disorders. Can J Neurol Sci. 2003 Mar; 30 Suppl 1:S72-82. Review. PMID: 12691480.
- Abosch A, Kapur S, Lang, AE, Hussey D, Sime E, Miyasaki J, Houle S, Lozano AM. Stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus in Parkinson’s disease does not produce striatal dopamine release. Neurosurgery. 2003 Nov; 53(5):1095-102; discussion 1102-5. PMID: 14580276.
- Abosch A, Bernasconi N, Boling W, Jones-Gotman M, Poulin N, Dubeau F, Andermann F, Olivier A; Factors predictive of suboptimal seizure control following selective amygdalohippocampectomy. J Neurosurg. 2002 Nov; 97(5):1142-1151. PMID: 12450037.
- Abosch A, Hutchinson WD, Saint-Cyr JA, Dostrovsky JO, Lozano AM; Movement-related neurons of the subthalamic nucleus in patients with Parkinson disease. J Neurosurg. 2002 Nov; 97(5):1167-1172. PMID: 12450039.
- Saint-Cyr JA, Hoque T, Pereira LC, Dostrovsky JO, Hutchison WD, Mikulis DJ, Abosch A, Sime E, Lang AE, Lozano AM; Localization of clinically effective stimulating electrodes in the human subthalamic nucleus on magnetic resonance imaging. J Neurosurg. 2002 Nov; 97(5):1152-1166. PMID: 12450038.
- Oh MY, Abosch A, Kim SH, Lang AE, Lozano AM. Long-term hardware-related complications of deep brain stimulation. Neurosurgery. 2002 Jun; 50(6):1268-74; discussion 1274-6. PMID: 12015845.
- Theodosopoulos PV, Abosch A, McDermott MW. Intraoperative Fiber-Optic Endoscopy for Ventricular Catheter Insertion. Can J Neurol Sci. 2001 Feb; 28(1):56-60. PMID: 11252296.
- Cooper EC, Aldape KD, Abosch A, Barbaro NM, Berger MS, Peacock WS, Jan YN, Jan LY. Colocalization and co-assembly of two human brain M-type potassium channels that are mutated in epilepsy. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2000; 97(9):4914-4919. PMID: 10781098.
- Abosch A, Tyrrell JB, Lamborn K, Hannegan L, Applebury C, Wilson CB. Transsphenoidal microsurgery for growth hormone-secreting pituitary adenomas: initial outcome and long-term results. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998; 83(10):3411-3418. PMID: 9768640.
- Pleasure SJ, Abosch A, Friedman J, Ko NU, Barbaro NM, Dillon W, Fishman RA, Poncelet A. Spontaneous intracranial hypotension resulting in stupor caused by diencephalic compression. Neurol. 1998; 50(6):1854-7. PMID: 9633740.
- Abosch A. Commission on the Future of Medical Education: Adapting the education and training of physicians to meet the requirements of the emerging environment. Western Journal of Medicine. 1998; 168(5): 442-82.
- Abosch A, Lagenaur C. Sensitivity of neurite outgrowth to microfilament disruption varies with adhesion molecule substrate. J Neurobiol. 1992; 24(3):344-355. PMID: 8492111.
- Fairfield AS, Abosch A, Ranz A, Eaton JW, Meshnick SR. Oxidant defense enzymes of Plasmodium falciparum. Molec Biochem Parasitol. 1988; 30(1):7-82. PMID: 3041278.
Non-Peer-Reviewed Publications/Invited Reviews
- The Neurological Surgery Milestone Project, A Joint Initiative of The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and The American Board of Neurological Surgery, Journal of Graduate Medical Education, submitted January 2013 for publication in March 2013.
- Das P, Henry T, Abosch A. Non-Pharmacological Therapeutics for Epilepsy. Submitted to Hospital Physician in October 2012.
- Terzic D, Abosch A. Update on Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s Disease. J Neurosurg Sci. 2012; 56(4):267-277
- Harris O, Tsai E, Pilitsis J, Philips C and Abosch A. WINS : Our History, Our Leaders and Our Future. CNS Quarterly, Spring 2012.
- Abosch A, Harris OA, Philips CA. WINS and Advocacy. CNS Quarterly 11(1): 25-27.
- Abosch A, Cosgrove GR. Biological basis for the surgical treatment of depression. Neurosurg Focus. 2008;25(1):E2 Review.
Articles Submitted for Publication
- Satzer D, Lanctin D, Eberly LE, and Abosch A. Variation in Deep Brain Stimulation Electrode Impedance Over Years Following Electrode Implantation. Submitted to Neurosurgery March 2013.
- Aman J, Abosch A, Bebler M, Lu C-H, and Konczak J. Deep Brain Stimulation of the Subthalamic Nucleus Improves Haptic Perception in Parkinson’s Disease, Movement Disorders, submitted March 2013.
Chapters in Books
- Tuite P, Abosch A, Gallea Cecile. Eds. ________. Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Movement Disorders: A Guide for Clinicians and Scientists. 2013. (see email dtd 2/15/13)
- Goyal A and Abosch A. Deep Brain Stimulation of the Pedunculopontine Nucleus for Parkinson’s Disease. In Eljamel S and Slavin K, eds. Clinical Neurostimulation: Principles and Practice, Wiley-Blackwell. Submitted August 2012.
- Abosch A, and Harel N. MRI Imaging for DBS. In Tuite P and Dagher A, eds. Movement Disorders Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Cambridge University Press (UK). 2012.
- Walter BL, Abosch A, Vitek JL. Current Neurosurgical Treatments for Parkinson’s Disease: Where Did They Come From? In Waxman ed. From Neuroscience to Neurology, Kolam. Elsevier (Oxford) 2005.
- Abosch A and Gross RE. Surgical Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease: Deep Brain Stimulation versus Radiofrequency Ablation. In McKhann ed. Clinical Neurosurgery, Vol. 51. Lippincott, Williams, & Wilkins (Philadelphia), 2004.
- Abosch A, Jodaie M, Davis KD, Lozano AM, Dostrovsky JO. Microelectrode Recordings in the Cingulate Gyrus and the Anterior Thalamus. In: Israel Z, Burchiel K, eds. Microelectrode Recordings in Movement Disorder Surgery. Thieme (NY). 2004.
- Abosch A, Lozano AM. Stereotactic Ablative Procedures for Pain Relief. In: Fisher W, Paramore C, eds. Neurosurgery (3rd ed.). Seminars in Neurosurgery Vol. 15: Thieme Medical Publishers (NY). 2004
- Lozano AM, Abosch A. Pallidal Stimulation for Dystonia. In: S Fahn, M. Hallett, M. DeLong eds. Advances in Neurology, Volume 94, Dystonia 4. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (Philadelphia). 2004.
- Abosch A, Lang AE, Lozano AM. Subthalamic Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s Disease. In: Tarsy D, Vitek J, Lozano AM, eds. Surgical Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease and Other Movement Disorders. Humana Press. Oct 2002.
- Abosch A, Vitek JL, Lozano AM. Pallidotomy and Deep Brain Stimulation for Dystonia. In: Tarsy D, Vitek J, Lozano AM, eds. Surgical Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease and Other Movement Disorders. Humana Press. Oct 2002.
- Abosch A, Wilson CB. Pituitary Neoplasms. In: Holland JF, Frei E 3rd, Bast RC, Pollock RE, Kufe DW, Weichselbaum RR, eds. Cancer Medicine (5th ed.). Hamilton, Ontario: BC Decker Inc., 2000.
- Abosch A, Ferriero D, Chan PH. Cell Maturation, Migration, Plasticity and Death in the Development of the Nervous System. In: Crockard A, Hayward R, Hoff J, eds. Neurosurgery: The Scientific Basis of Clinical Practice (3rd ed.). Oxford: Blackwell Science, 2000.
- Abosch A, McDermott M, Wilson CB. Lateral Ventricular Tumors. In: Kaye AH, Black PMcL, eds. Operative Neurosurgery. London: Churchill Livingstone, 1999.
- Wu J and Abosch A. Video-motion detection for objectively quantifying movements in patients with Parkinson’s disease. 17th International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders, Sydney, Australia, June 2013.
- Aman J, Abosch A, Lu C, Bebler M & Konczak J. Deep brain stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus improves haptic perception in Parkinson’s disease. Society for the Neural Control of Movement Meeting. San Juan, Puerto Rico, April, 2013.
- Aman J, Lu C, Abosch A, Bebler M, Konczak J. Deep Brain Stimulation of the STN improves haptic precision in Parkinson’s disease. Society for Neuroscience Meeting, New Orleans, LA, October 2012.
- Abosch A, Duchin Y, Sapiro G, and Harel N. Utility of 7T imaging for deep brain stimulation surgery. CNS Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 2012.
- Abosch A, Lanctin D, Onaran I, Spaniol M, Eberly L, and Ince NF. Long-term recordings of local field potentials from implanted DBS electrodes for Parkinson’s Disease, ASSFN Biennial Meeting, San Francisco, CA, June 2012.
- Ince NF, Onaran I, Lanctin D, Bebler M, Spaniol M, and Abosch A. Levodopa induced beta band suppression correlates better with bradykinesia assessed using a V-M task. ASSFN Biennial Meting, San Francisco, CA, June 2012.
- Duchin Y, Abosch A, Yacoub E, Sapiro G, and Harel N. Geometrical distortions of 7T MRI and their implications for clinical applications. Organization for Human Brain Mapping Annual Meeting in Beijing, China, June 2012.
- Lenglet C, Abosch A, Yacoub E, DeMartino F, Sapiro G, and Harel N. Visualization of the human basal ganglia and thalamic circuits in individuals using 7T MRI. ISMRM 20th Annual Meeting, Melbourne, Australia, May 2012.
- Abosch A. Long-term recordings of local field potentials from deep brain stimulating electrodes implanted in the subthalamic nucleus. XIX World Congress on Parkinson's Disease and Related Disorders, Shanghai, China, December 2011.
- Abosch A, Vasquez C. Acute hydrocephalus following Deep Brain Stimulation surgery: A novel complication. Minnesota Neurosurgical Society Annual CME Meeting, Red Wing, MN, September 2011.
- Abosch A, Lenglet C, Yacoub, E, Sapiro G, Harel, N. Comprehensive in vivo mapping of the basal ganglia and thalamic connectome in individual subjects, using high resolution 7T MRI. ISMRM Workshop on Mapping Functional Networks for Brain Surgery, Milan, Italy, September 2011.
- Keane ME, Deyo SD, Bajwa JA, Abosch A, Johnson MD. Quantifying the pathways modulated by vim-DBS for essential tremor. Society for Neuroscience Conference 2011.
- Onaran I, Ince NF, Cetin AE, Abosch A. A hybrid SVM/HMM based system for the state detection of individual finger movements from multichannel ECoG signals. 5th International IEEE EMBS Special Topic Conference on Neural Engineering, Cancun, Mexico, April 2011.
- Lenglet C, Abosch A, Yacoub E, Sapiro G, Harel N. In-vivo visualization of the human basal ganglia structure and connectivity using high resolution 7T MRI. Submitted ISMRM, 2011.
- Lenglet C, Abosch A, Yacoub E, Sapiro G, Ugurbil K, Harel N. In-vivo visualization of the human basal ganglia and their structural and connectivity using high resolution 7T MRI. Society for Neurosciences Meeting, San Diego, CA, Nov., 2010.
- Harel N, Yacoub E, Ugurbil K, and Abosch A. Direct visualization of surgical DBS targets using high-field (7T) MRI. In: Proceedings of the 18th Annual Meeting of ISMRM; Stockholm, Sweden; 2010.
- Shrivastava D, Hanson T, Abosch A, Vaughan JT. Radiofrequency heating due to deep brain stimulation in ultra-high strength magnetic fields. International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) Meeting, 2009.
- Divani A, Vazquez G, Netoff T, Tummala R, Abosch A. Validation and accuracy of different volumetric measurement techniques for intracerebral hemorrhage. American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting (AAN), Seattle, April 2009.
- Roark C, Whicher S, Abosch A. Reversible neurological symptoms caused by diathermy in a patient with deep brain stimulators, CNS Meeting, San Diego, September, 2007.
- Skrinjar O, Gross RE, and Abosch A. An epilepsy surgery planning software tool. AANS Meeting, New Orleans, April, 2005.
- Abosch A, Kapur S, Lang AE, Hussey D, Sime E, Miyasaki J, Houle S, Lozano AM. Stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus in not associated with increased striatal dopamine release as assessed by [11C]-raclopride displacement. Quadrennial Meeting of the American Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, 2003.
- Abosch A, Hutchison WD, Saint-Cyr JA, Dostrovsky JO, Lozano AM. Movement-related neurons within the human Parkinsonian subthalamic nucleus. XIV International Congress on Parkinson’s Disease, 2001.
- Abosch A, Marks WJ, Barbaro NM, Starr PA. Thalamic stimulation for tremor: Relationship of efficacy and side effects to lead location as assessed by postoperative MR imaging. Congress of Neurological Surgeons, 1999.
- Cooper EC, Abosch A, Peacock WJ, Berger MS, Barbaro NM, Jan YN, Jan LY. Molecular characterization and subcellular localization of heteromeric KCNQ2/KCNQ3 potassium channels from human cortex and hippocampus. American Epilepsy Association, 1999.
- Abosch A, Sargent M, Fischbein N, Gean AD, Pitts LH. Correlation between pre-operative imaging characteristics and biopsy diagnosis for enhancing intra-axial lesions in AIDS patients. American Association of Neurological Surgeons, 1999.
- Theodosopoulos P, Abosch A, Ojermann S, McDermott M. Endoscopic ventricular catheter placement. Congress of Neurological Surgeons, 1998.
- Abosch A, Lowenstein DH. Netrin responsiveness of the developing hippocampus. American Epilepsy Society, 1998.
- Abosch A, Tyrrell JB, Hannegan L, Lamborn K, Wilson CB. The results of transsphenoidal microsurgery for growth hormone-secreting pituitary tumors. American Association of Neurological Surgeons, 1998.
- Abosch A, Hannegan L, Wilson CB. Decreasing length of stay and complication rate following transsphenoidal surgery for pituitary tumors. Congress of Neurological Surgeons, 1997.
- Abosch A, Lagenaur C. Cell adhesion molecule substrate effects on growth come morphology. Soc.Neurosci. Abstr., 1991.
- Abosch A, Lagenaur C. Structural and functional analysis of L1 via proteolytic cleavages. Soc. Neurosci. Abstr., 16(2): 1010, 1990.
- Movement disorders – Parkinson's disease, essential tremor, dystonia
- Surgical treatment of epilepsy
- Lesions of peripheral nerves, including carpal tunnel, ulnar neuropathy, neurofibromas and schwannomas
- Deep brain stimulation for obessive compulsive disease
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh
University of California, San Francisco (Neurosurgery)
McGill University's Montreal Neurological Institute (Epilepsy Surgery); Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto (Functional Neurosurgery)