University of Minnesota Physicians Interstitial Lung Disease program, a part of the Center for Lung Sciences and Health, is unique in its single-minded dedication to Interstitial Lung Disease-related treatment and research.
Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD), also called restrictive lung disease, is a group of lung problems affecting the interstitium, the tissue separating the blood vessel from the alveoli in a person’s lungs. Conditions classified as Interstitial Lung Disease include idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, a particularly severe type of Interstitial Lung Disease, and sarcoidosis, among several other diseases.
Each of the seven physicians in our program specializes in a single type of ILD, which means you will receive well-rounded, expert care—no matter your diagnosis. At the ILD program, we maximize ongoing care and focus on controlling your disease conditions and improving your quality of life.
Our team connects you with support groups and equips you with all the tools and knowledge you need to live a well-rounded, healthy life.
Our ILD program currently treats more than 1,000 patients from across the Midwest, many of whom have already been diagnosed by a primary care physician or an outside pulmonologist and were referred to the University of Minnesota.
Conditions treated at the Interstitial Lung Disease Program include, but are not limited to:
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Connective Tissue-Related ILD
- Cryptogenic Organizing Pneumonia
- Drug-Induced ILD
Refer a Patient Who:
- Require a comprehensive, interdisciplinary program for long-term disease treatment and management.
- Are suspected of having or are already diagnosed with some type of Interstitial Lung Disease.
- May be candidates for a lung transplant.
For any questions, or if you need additional information, please contact:
Melinda Bors, RN, BSN, MA
Diane Elmajri, RN
Lung Transplant Liaison
Clinics & Providers
- Henke, Craig A, MD
- Pulmonologist and Critical Care Physician
- Khalil, Wajahat, MD
- Pulmonologist, Critical Care Physician and Sleep Medicine Physician
- Kim, Hyun J, MD
- Pulmonologist and Critical Care Physician; Medical Director, Pulmonary Function Test Laboratory, Director of Interstitial Lung Disease Program
- Perlman, David M, MD
- Pulmonologist and Critical Care Physician, Director of Interstitial Lung Disease Program