Men who face prostate infertility or cancer can draw on a wealth of expertise from University of Minnesota Physicians.
At the Institute for Prostate and Urologic Cancers, specialized physicians provide swift and accurate diagnosis and leading-edge treatments. Ultimately, our experts are trying to conquer prostate cancer — the most commonly diagnosed cancer among American men.
The Institute for Prostate and Urologic Cancers and Masonic Cancer Clinic offer the latest in cancer prevention, detection and treatment options. UMPhysicians specialists are at the forefront of innovations in care through their work in caring for patients, conducting research and training the next generation of doctors. UMPhysicians urologic surgeons offer advanced surgical techniques, including robotic technology and minimally invasive surgery.
Our doctors understand the sensitive and complex nature of prostate cancer and will tailor treatment to your specific needs. Options include:
- Brachytherapy – Placing radioactive seed pellets directly in the prostate.
- External beam radiation – Radiation focused directly on the prostate gland.
- Surgery to remove the prostate and, if necessary, nearby lymph glands.
- Cryogenic therapy – Minimally invasive surgery to freeze prostate tissue, killing cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy – Used to extend life and limit symptoms of cancer growth.
In addition to prostate cancer, our center serves people with bladder cancer, urinary tract cancer, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), and genitourinary tumors.