University of Minnesota Physicians neurology specialists at University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview provide expert care for patients with or demonstrating symptoms of ataxia, such as uncontrolled, uncoordinated movements in the way they walk, move their arms or eyes, or talk. As the first clinic in the country to provide specialized care for those with ataxia, we offer leading assessment and management of this condition that can affect movement and coordination of fingers, hands, limbs, body, eyes and speech. Our expertise, multidisciplinary approach and pioneering research make us a destination program for patients from around the Midwest and country.
- Nation’s premier ataxia specialty clinic and still one of only a handful in existence
- Collaborative, coordinated care from specialists, nurses and experts in related areas including genetic counseling
- Assessment, treatment and follow-up care all apply the latest in innovation
- International reputation as leading institution for ataxia research —discoveries include gene mapping for ataxia types including type 1, type 5 and type 8
- Bob Allison Ataxia Research Center supports our clinical ataxia program
- Ataxia clinical trials consortium participant