University of Minnesota Physicians’ orthopaedic surgeons offer expert care for orthopaedic trauma: fractures and dislocations as well as severe soft tissue injuries caused by traumatic events. Our program uses a multidisciplinary approach to treat common-traumatic-injury patients as well as polytraumatized patients – those with numerous skeletal or primary-organ-system injuries. By involving other specialists and subspecialists, as well as drawing from ground-breaking research here at the University of Minnesota, we provide patients the latest in care innovations and best-possible outcomes.
- Dedicated focus on the management of bone and joint injury
- More than 50 years of collective experience
- Pioneering research in musculoskeletal injury outcomes
- National Institutes of Health-funded research for 20 consecutive years
- More than 250 peer-review publications related to bone and joint injury
- Significant experience in clinical and basic research related to bone and joint injury