University of Minnesota Physicians orthopaedic specialists at University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview provide evaluation and treatment for a variety of orthopaedic problems including the most complex — patellofemoral, or anterior knee, issues. Our team offers expertise in addressing diseases such as patellofemoral instability, patellofemoral arthritis and patellofemoral maltracking. As a leader in orthopaedic care, we are a destination for patients around the Midwest and the country.
- Ranked among the top 50hospitals in the nation in orthopaedics by U.S. News & World Report
- Specialized practice in patellofemoral disorders and other focused female musculoskeletal disorders
- Unique imaging process maximizes assessment of patellofemoral joint
- Center for Magnetic Resonance Imaging allows for biochemical, as well as anatomical, imaging
- Multidisciplinary approach leads to best-possible outcomes
- Member of the International Patellofemoral Study Group since 1994
- International invited speaker on patellofemoral disorders
- Keynote speaker at European Society for Sports, Knee and Arthroscopy concerning Patellofemoral Instability (2010
- Board member of the Patellofemoral Foundation
- Published articles (54) and book chapters (22) on patellofemoral disorders
- Clinical trials as appropriate and available. Ongoing prospective clinical outcomes trial.