Pediatric infectious disease and immunology experts at University of Minnesota Physicians and University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital provide leading-edge treatments to children who have serious infections or unusual susceptibility to infections. Many of our treatments are the result of extensive research that we conduct through our Center for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology Translational Research.
Our infectious-disease physicians also participate in the Collaborate Antiviral Study Group, a multi-institutional network that conducts clinical trials on therapies for viral infections.
Conditions we treat
We provide specialty care for (but not limited to):
- Bacterial and viral infections
- Bacterial meningitis in newborns
- Fevers of unknown origin
- Food-borne illness
- Frequent/recurrent infections
- Hospital-acquired illness
- Immunodeficiency disorders
- Viral meningitis
- Disease management
- Immune deficiency
- Infectious disease
- International and immigrant health
- Preventive protocols
Clinics & Providers
- Han, Jin-Young, MD, PhD
- Pediatric Infectious Disease Physician
- Hoyt, Laura, M.D.
- Iroh Tam, Pui-Ying, MD
- John, Chandy C., M.D., M.S.
- Director, Division of Global Pediatrics
- Kaplan, Edward L, M.D.
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Pediatric Cardiologist
- Maroushek, Stacene, MD, Ph.D.
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases Physician
- McAllister, Shane, MD, PhD
- Schleiss, Mark R, MD
- Division Director, Pediatric Infectious Diseases