University of Minnesota Physicians neurology, neurosurgery, and neuropsychology specialists are national leaders in the development and implementation of innovative neurological services. They diagnose and treat various types of neurological disorders.
Our specialists that treat patients at the University of Minnesota Children’s Hospital created the first multispecialty brain tumor program for children; our neurological care specialists are recipients of numerous national awards for brain-tumor research. Our neurology specialists also participate in one of the few, national clinical research programs that focus on the therapy of neurodegenerative disorders of children.
University of Minnesota Physicians provide treatment in the specialty areas below:
- Brain tumors and neurological complications of cancer
- Cerebral palsy
- Complications of prematurity
- Epilepsy and other paroxysmal disorders
- Learning and behavior disorders
- Movement disorders
- Muscle diseases
- Neurogenetic and neurodegenerative diseases
- Peripheral neuropathies
Clinics & Providers
- Kann, Leah R. , CPNP
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Karachunski, Peter, MD
- Pediatric Neurologist
- Kunin-Batson, Alicia S, PhD, LP
- Raymond, Gerald, MD
- Rumsey, Robin K, PhD, LP
- Pediatric Neuropsychologist
- Sesma, Heather, PhD, LP
- Shapiro, Elsa G, PhD, LP
- Ziegler, Richard S, Ph.D., L.P.