Sexual health plays a key role in physical and mental well-being, yet many people avoid seeking help when concerns about sexuality and intimate relationships arise. If fear or embarrassment has kept you from addressing a sexual problem, know that you're not alone. University of Minnesota Physicians sexual health providers can help you create a more fulfilling sexual life and develop healthier, more postive behaviors.
At our Center for Sexual Health we provide assessment and treatment for problems ranging form low sexual desire and premature ejaculation to compulsive sexual behavior and abuse recovery. Our specialists are affiliated with the Program in Human Sexuality, one of the largest clinical, teaching and research centers in the world specializing in sexuality. Backed by a strong research program, we've developed effective treatments for a variety of sexual problems.
Conditions we treat
- Compulsive sexual behavior
- Emotional pain with sexual activity
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Gender identity disorder
- Low sexual desire or little interest in sex
- Mental health issues related to sexuality or HIV/AIDS
- Orgasm problems
- Physical pain with sexual activity
- Premature ejaculation
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual desire discrepancies
- Sexual harassment
- Sexual offending
- Sexual orientation
- Sexual problems
- Transgender health
Our innovative care includes:
- Comprehensive approach to transgender health
- Sex-positive treatment for compulsive sexual behavior
- Sexual offender treatment program with a proven record of success and low recidivism
- Well-known model for the coming-out process
- Assistance for youth and adolescents with a variety of sexual health concerns
- HIV mental health counseling
- Abuse recovery program
- Relationship and sex therapy
Clinics & Providers
- Berg, Dianne R, Ph.D., L.P.
- Coleman, Eli J, Ph.D., L.P.
- Feldman, Jamie Lynn, M.D., Ph.D.
- Family Physician
- Gonzalez, Cesar, PhD LP
- McBean, Anne J, M.A., L.P.
- Psychologist, Marriage and Family Therapist
- Miles, Lisa, PNP
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Miner, Michael H, Ph.D.
- Mize, Sara S, Ph.D., L.P.
- Munns, Rosemary A, Psy.D.
- Raymond, Nancy C, MD
- Robinson, Bean, PhD
- Spencer, Katie, Ph.D., L.P.
- Zamboni, Brian D, Ph.D., L.P.
We approach sexual health through a variety of disciplines, including psychology, family medicine, psychiatry, marital and family therapy, education and epidemiology.
Proven track record
Our team has helped thousands of individuals and couples overcome challenges in their sex lives and sexuality. Couple have also improved their communication and relationship skills.