Working at University of Minnesota Physicians
Bring the real YOU to our diverse medical team. As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
We are committed to delivering exceptional patient experience and outcomes while also delivering medical breakthroughs. Our physicians collaborate with nearly every health system in the region to provide access to continued advancements in treatments and care. As a result, our patients benefit from the latest technology, research and innovations, as well as new care models that continue to evolve through interdisciplinary teamwork and a focus on patients’ needs.
- Through our collaboration with Fairview within University of Minnesota Health, our services are available and accessible in specialty clinics across the metro and beyond.
- At family medicine clinics throughout the metro area, we partner with local hospitals to serve the health needs of local communities while also training family medicine physicians.
- We serve specialty needs at owned and managed clinics, including our eye and dental clinics, as well as endoscopy, Center for Sexual Health and outreach labs.
At UMPhysicians, you will be working with those who lead the development of breakthroughs. Consider that:
- 90% of our patients say that they would definitely recommend us to family or friends
- 91% of patients give our physicians the highest ratings for listening and communications skills
- 181 of our physicians were named the Best Doctors in America®
If you share our high standards and are dedicated to patient care excellence, UMPhysicians is the ideal choice for your career future.
A career with UMPhysicians allows you to utilize and develop your skills in a rewarding clinic environment that is on the cutting-edge of medicine. As part of our team, you will:
- Work with some of the brightest minds in medicine, including world-renowned physicians from the University of Minnesota
- Get deeper into specialty medicine and work on the kinds of challenging cases you would not see elsewhere
- Enjoy more career mobility, based on our robust number of specialties and locations
- Experience the innovation and advanced technologies of a teaching and research-led organization
- Thrive in an environment where the pace is fast and new ideas are adopted quickly
- Benefit from our clinic-based, rather than hospital-based, setting
- Share our extraordinarily high standards for both medical expertise and compassionate care
Culture at University of Minnesota Physicians
Share the values that allow YOU to excel. At University of Minnesota Physicians, our exceptional culture sets us apart. As an academic organization, we are constantly changing and growing, thanks in part to our vibrant clinical, educational and research programs. In fact, our physicians are faculty for the University of Minnesota Medical School. We are patient focused and deeply committed to living our values of service, innovation and respect, every day.
Our connection to the University of Minnesota means that we place a high priority on education and teaching. The educational opportunities we offer every member of our staff cannot be matched in a non-academic setting. A natural outcome of ongoing learning and growth is innovation that translates into best-of-class care for our patients.
Universities are magnets for diversity, and our organization is one that is extremely diverse in all areas. Our diversity not only reflects our patient population, but also enriches our interdisciplinary collaboration, fostering success and achievement. Thrive within our inclusive and supportive setting.
Measuring Our Performance
We believe that the most effective way to improve and excel is to measure results and take action based on those results. Performance at UMPhysicians is a measure not only of the work we do, but also of how we do it. We work on tight-knit teams that depend on good working relationships to achieve the goal of patient-centered care. We are also a company that is committed to being a meritocracy where good work gets noticed and is rewarded based on performance.
As an organization, we believe strongly that setting, measuring and committing to goals keeps everyone focused on completing work that supports the company vision. We employ a structured performance review process. In addition, we sponsor activities such as Compliance Week, employee awards and engagement surveys to continually remind employees of this commitment. Similarly, UMPhysicians actively measures patient and physician satisfaction on an ongoing basis to monitor and ensure we are meeting our goal of delivering the best patient experience possible.
Community Involvement at University of Minnesota Physicians
We encourage YOU to play an active role. At University of Minnesota Physicians, we are passionate about playing a key role within the communities we serve. One example is the Phillips Neighborhood Clinic, a totally volunteer-operated clinic where members of our staff provide free medical care to the neighborhood one day a week. In addition to an overall mission that supports and improves the health and well-being of the people around us, we take part in a variety of community and charitable events.
Often, these are local initiatives driven by the individuals within each of our facilities and clinics, and they may be focused on the specialties or causes that are important to our teams. These events may include annual giving campaigns, sponsored walks or Ronald McDonald dinners, to provide just a few examples. Join a group that shares your commitment to the world around us.
University of Minnesota Physicians Locations
Find a setting that is convenient for YOU. University of Minnesota Physicians delivers primary care and services in over 100 specialty and subspecialty areas at locations throughout the Twin Cities and surrounding areas. In addition to our main campus in Minneapolis, we have additional clinical and administrative locations in the following areas:
- Maple Grove
- New Brighton
- St. Paul
Discover a location that meets your professional and personal needs.